When you use Elara Care, you’re trusting us with intimate personal information. We are committed to keeping that trust by taking every step to ensure that individual user’s data and privacy rights are protected and to provide transparency about our data practices.
What is Elara Care?
Elara Care is a dashboard to help you track, learn and improve everything about your life. It is powered by data from your phone, wearables and other connected accounts, so you rarely have to manually enter data.
When you use Elara, we may collect your Personal Data and use it for the purpose of the creating tailored information and predictions as well as improved user experience, like increasing the accuracy of predictions, reminder and overall support for improved health habits., etc. For research activities we use only de-identified or aggregated data, which can not be associated with you.
Most of our users find the health improvements and other benefits from the service far outweigh the slight reduction in privacy. However, if you are not comfortable with us processing and storing your information, then you should not use the service or send us any data.
You are in Control:
You may access your Personal data, modify, correct, erase, and update it by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also download the information Elara Care collected about you by contacting us.
Your privacy is critically important to us.
- Your account is completely private by default.
- You can add as much or as little data as you want.
- You can delete your account and data at any time.
- We are very protective of our user’s data and privacy.
- We do not sell your data
- We do automatic tracking and syncing in the background as much as possible, so you do not have to do a lot of work to maintain your account and manually enter data every day.
- Aggregate information may be used for research, quality assurance, and improving the Elara Care service—for example, using all of the sleep data to improve the accuracy of our automatic sleep detection (a free feature which anyone can use, by the way), or analysing when people get sick to prevent our users from getting sick in the future.
Who We Are
- the Elara Care ® mobile application,
- elara.care website (“Website”),
- (all collectively, the “App”).
Information About Your Personal Data
“Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. This includes things such as your full name, email address, phone number, precise location, device IDs, certain cookie and network identifiers, and “Fitness and Wellness Data.”
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, then you may contact us by sending a message to email@example.com
The Elara Care apps are designed for your wellness and fitness benefit. As such, you are able to control what Personal Data you share and with whom you share it.
We encourage you to adjust the sharing settings to best meet your objectives and sharing comfort level.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may delete your account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Once deleted, your data, including your account, username, or any other related content, cannot be restored. You will need to create a new one.
Note that content you have shared with others (for example, through saving photos), exported from the service, or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted the information from your own profile.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you sign up to use the App, we may collect Personal data about you such as:
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Date of birth;
- ID (to prove your identity in certain cases).
Health and Wellbeing. When you use the App, you may choose to provide personal information about your health such as:
- Body temperature;
- Menstrual cycle dates;
- Various symptoms related to your menstrual cycle and health;
- Activity level;
Other information about your health (including sexual activities) wellbeing, and related activities (collectively, “Personal data”).
You also may give us the possibility to import into the App Personal data about your health and activities from third-party services such as Apple Health, Fitbit, Kit and Google Fit. Such imported Personal data may include: sports activities, weight, calories burnt, heartbeat rate, number of steps/distance travelled, and other data about your health. In order for us to process any Personal Data under this category we will explicitly ask your consent at the registration screen.
Personal data we may collect automatically
When you access or use the App, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Hardware model;
- Information about operating system and its version;
- Unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA);
- Mobile network information.
- Location Information:
- IP address;
- Time zone;
- Information about your mobile service provider.
The Services use log files. Stored information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. These files may be stored on our servers or on analytics platforms that we use.
These are required to log in to your account and for basic web browsing features. When you visit the Services, a cookie will be stored on your computer.
By creating a profile or signing up to use the Elara Care App, you explicitly consent that:
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR EXACT AGE OR ANY DATA RELATED TO YOUR HEALTH AND WELLBEING WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES.
We load data once when your account is first connected, and then periodically to keep your account up to date. This data is processed and stored on Elara Care’s servers so it can be accessed through the website, mobile app and other platforms. When you disconnect an account, we also delete all of the associated data that was imported from that account.
Elara Care cannot provide any medical recommendations or analysis of your medical data, and you should always consult with your doctor before making any changes to your behaviour or following anything that the app may suggest.
We offer free and paid accounts. Those who upgrade to Elara Care Pro will be charged a monthly or annual fee, depending on the plan selected. Refunds will not be granted.
Subscriptions through iTunes can be managed through your Apple ID — Learn more about iTunes subscriptions.
API Access & Exporting
There is currently no public API to get data out of Elara Care.
How We Collect and Use Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data in a number of ways and for various purposes, including:
- When you register for an account or interact with our Services.
- When you input Fitness and Wellness Data within our Services or use our Services that collect or infer such data from mobile device sensors.
- When you use or interact with a wearable or other connected device.
- When you give us permission to sync Apple Health data in the iPhone app.
- When you give us permission to sync Samsung or Google Fit data in the Android app.
- When you give us permission to collect Location Data in the mobile apps.
- When you connect an integration to sync data to your account.
- When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials.
- When you engage with our online communities or advertising.
- When you access third party products and services.
- When you connect with us through social media.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources.
- When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, Location, data from the environment, and other tracking technologies.
- When we aggregate or centralise data.
- When we link you to friends across platforms.
- When you take fitness tests or assessments; share content or achievements; or invite friends.
- When we provide you geographically relevant Services, offers, or advertising.
- When you ask us to customise products, or Services.
- When we comply with Legal Requirements or Obligations, Law Enforcement, and for Public Safety Purposes ( Country/Region-Specific Disclosures may apply).
How Information Is Shared
- To Affiliates and Partners
- To Service Providers and Vendors
- For Advertising and Marketing
- For Certain Analytics and Improvement
- For Interest-Based Advertising
- For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes
- In the event of an actual or contemplated sale
Affiliates and Acquirors of Our Business or Assets
Transfer of Your Personal Data to Other Countries
The Personal Data Elara Care processes, and all associated Services and systems, including registration, is housed on servers in the United Kingdom. If you are located outside of the United Kingdom, please be aware that Personal Data we collect will be processed and stored in the United Kingdom.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings or disconnecting an integration. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Legal Basis for Processing
- For the performance of a contract
- To meet legal obligations
- For Legitimate Interests
Consent as a Basis for Processing
In some cases, we will ask for your consent to process your Personal Data. You may indicate your consent in a number of ways, including, as permitted by law, ticking a box or connecting an integration, to indicate your consent when (i) providing us with your Personal Data through our Services or a form (including enrolling in Promotions); or (ii) registering or creating an account with us. Due to different countries’ laws governing consent for the collection and use of Personal Data, the requirements for consent will differ across regions. We may request your consent for a number of activities including:
- Elara Care Marketing and Communication
- Third Party Marketing
- Collecting Mobile Device IDs, Advertising IDs, and Data from Sensors
- Processing Sensitive Personal Data
- Collecting and Sharing Location Data
- Transfer of Data
- Automated Processing
- To Enable Social Sharing and Connect with Us on Social Media
MANAGING PREFERENCES AND WITHDRAWING CONSENT
You may at any time withdraw your consent with future effect and without affecting the lawfulness of processing of your Personal Data based on the consent you provided before you withdrew it, and exercise other controls regarding website and online data collection, interest-based advertising, your communication settings, and app preferences. Depending on the Service, collection and use of Personal Data may be required for the Services to work. To withdraw your consent, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We do very little advertising, and mostly rely on word of mouth for growth. Occasionally we will do advertisements to get more users for the service. Interest-based advertising is advertising that is targeted to you based on your web browsing and app usage over time and across websites or apps.
How We Protect Information
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. Since part of the service is keeping your history for you to view later, we will generally retain data as much as possible. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request. If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us through our Support Team.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from children under 13 (note that the minimum age may vary based on country/region, and on local law). If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us through our Support Team. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data and cancel the child’s account.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.